There has never been a more exciting time to undertake an MSc in Clinical Exercise Physiology. Exercise now represents one of the world’s major businesses and scientists have an increasingly prominent role in working with healthy and clinical populations to maintain healthy lifestyles and reduce disease.
This Clinical Exercise Physiology MSc at Liverpool John Moores University Masters programme is ideal if you want to go on to specialise in exercise physiology in a clinical setting. The course provides a detailed knowledge of physiology applied to clinical contexts, but is also designed to extend your knowledge beyond ‘classical’ exercise physiology studies and into novel techniques and theories underpinning exercise physiology and health.
This programme gives you the opportunity to learn from national and international leaders in the field, and its unique combination of theory and practice provides you with invaluable practical experience, giving you a distinct advantage when securing a job in this highly competitive market.
Many careers opportunities will be available on graduation, including teaching and lecturing in schools, colleges and universities. You may choose to continue in education, research or applied science, even taking your studies to Doctoral level.
- Research Methods
- Technical Training for Exercise Physiology
- Advanced Exercise Physiology
- Exercise Prescription and Promotion
- Clinical Placement
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Physiotherapy Kinesiology View 839 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
Candidates would normally be expected to have a good honours degree (i.e., upper second or first) in sport science, science or a related discipline.
- Candidates will be required to have academic qualifications commensurate with entry to postgraduate study, and be able to demonstrate an aptitude for scientific study.
- Pearson 58-64 (minimum 51 in each component for UKVI purposes)
- RPL is accepted on this programme
- International students applying to study a full-time taught Masters, MRes, Mphil or PhD at LJMU should check if they require an Academic Technology Approval Scheme or ATAS certificate. International students entering on a Tier 4 visa cannot study part time. Please contact LJMU’s International Admissions Team for further details
- The majority of the placements offered by this programme will require a DBS check
International17400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9710 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9710 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.