Environmental Systems Design from The American University in Cairo aims to provide the graduates of the program with extensive knowledge in fundamental environmental engineering science, the interactions of pollutants in water, air, and subsurface environments, and the design of treatment/pollutant remediation systems and in-depth knowledge in an area of student interest deriving from one of the areas of environmental engineering noted above, including applications in environmental hydraulics, solid and hazardous waste engineering, and management of environmental control systems
Students at Environmental Systems Design from The American University in Cairo will:
Apply advanced mathematics, numerical models, engineering, and scientific analyses to identify, formulate, and analyze complex and contemporary environmental engineering problems related to water, air, soil, and the built environment.
Acquire the required knowledge in the field of environmental engineering (Water Pollution and Treatment systems, Air pollution control systems, Waste management systems, … etc.) to provide alternative solutions for environmental engineering problems and apply critical thinking while comparing the validity, pros, and cons of each.
Apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of societal, environmental, and economical needs.
Ability to effectively communicate with a range of audiences, present, report, and defend findings related to professional work.
Implement the code of ethics within the courses.
Enhance practical experience through exposure to applied projects and more courses in environmental engineering and related fields.
- Engineering for a Sustainable Environment
- Computational Methods in Engineering
- Experimental Methods in Engineering
- Engineering Statistics
- Water Quality Control
- Unit Operations in Environmental Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Design Environmental Sciences View 4 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Egypt
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The American University in Cairo and/or in Egypt, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants for graduate study must have an accredited Bachelor’s degree with an academic record at a level sufficient to qualify for full or provisional admission.
- An online application for graduate studies
- Online payment of the application fee
- A statement of purpose
- An updated resume (CV)
- At least two online letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your academic or professional background
- Official academic records, of which one must be a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with proof of degree completion.
- Satisfactory English language proficiency test results
- Graduate students may be asked to demonstrate minimum competency in the use of computers and academic libraries as they relate to graduate study and research
- One recent passport size photograph (a clear electronic copy)
International24255 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 735 USD per credit during 12 months.
National19701 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 597 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Cairo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.