The ability to carry out research in medical laboratory science is a skill in high demand by industry. Medical laboratory scientists are facing new challenges as technologies evolve and diagnostic services change.
Top-level evaluative and management skills are in demand along with specialised skills in research and development. The Master of Medical Laboratory Science equips you with the skills to make the most of these opportunities.
This Medical Laboratory Science programme from Auckland University of Technology is open to all medical laboratory scientists (New Zealand registration and practising certificate are required). There's an opportunity to follow either a management or a specialised scientist pathway.
- Postdoctoral fellow
- Lecturer in universities
- Industrial research leader
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Scientific Research
- Quality Assurance in Laboratory Services
- Ethics of Biotechnology
- Specialist Readings in Applied Science
- Selected Topics in Applied Science
- Contemporary Molecular Genetics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- International Students: Applications will be processed up to the start of the semester depending on programme availability.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine View 5 other Masters in Biomedicine in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
An applicant must:
- Have completed the Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science with a B grade average or higher in papers at level 7, or equivalent
- Be registered as a Medical Laboratory Scientist with the Medical Sciences Council of New Zealand (MSCNZ)
- Hold a current Practising Certificate as a Medical Laboratory Scientist, issued by the MSCNZ
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23364 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23364 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5289 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5289 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Domestic: NZ$8,711
- International: NZ$38,419
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.