At Television and Digital Journalism from The American University in Cairo you receive hands-on education on the dexterity needed to produce both field reports and in-studio programs, making use of both practical training and selected academic classes for a well-balanced theory-practice formula. Courses are taught by established academics and distinguished experts in the fields of television and digital journalism.The bilingual nature of the program ensures that students are equipped with the full range of skills needed in the rapidly growing field of television and multimedia journalism in the Arab world and globally. Students have unlimited access to the centre's state-of-the-art digital facilities on campus, receiving ample exposure to real-life news and production environments.
Graduates of this program hold jobs as journalists, editors, anchors, program presenters, broadcasters, producers, web designers, reporters and commentators, and graphic designers. They work in fields of digital journalism, social media, media outlets, online newspapers.
- Practicum: TV or Special Video Assignment
- TV Digital News Gathering and Script Writing
- Arabic TV Script Writing
- TV Presentation and Voice Coaching
- Field and Studio Digital Camera Production
- Digital Video Editing
- TV Studio News Reporting
- TV Digital Journalism Capstone
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesJournalism Media Studies & Mass Media Digital Communication
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The American University in Cairo and/or in Egypt, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants are required to have a minimum GPA of 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale) or its equivalent of gayyid giddan (very good) in an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Official transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement of purpose
- Samples of published/broadcast work if applicable
- Director interview
- Proof of English Language proficiency
International14700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 735 USD per credit during 18 months.
National11940 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 597 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for Cairo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.