Finance from The American University in Cairo covers essential theoretical framework ranging from the industry’s best practices to key financial models making sure you have the solid theoretical background to take appropriate financial decisions. On the other front, the program guides you to practically apply theory to meet local and international market demands thus ensuring that you know how to apply your knowledge into the desired actions.
Students at Finance from The American University in Cairo will:
Advance their career in finance and keep up with the growth in the banking and financial services sector in Egypt.
Acquire deep financial knowledge needed to be a well-rounded finance professional who can understand the industry’s best practices and apply them to meet local market demands.
Apply the research process for finance-related problems through the integral thesis component.
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Managerial Economics
- Applied Financial Econometrics
- Financial Management
- Investments and Portfolio Management
- Statistical and numerical methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Actuarial Science View 3 other Masters in Economics in Egypt
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The American University in Cairo and/or in Egypt, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- ll applicants must satisfy the university’s graduate admission requirements and obtain an acceptable score on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE).
- The Applicant must present a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or very good for non-GPA measured degrees. No previous working experience is needed.
- Applicants for graduate study must have an accredited Bachelor’s degree with an academic record at a level sufficient to qualify for full or provisional admission.
- An online application for graduate studies
- Online payment of the application fee
- A statement of purpose
- An updated resume
- At least two online letters of recommendation
- Official academic records
- Satisfactory English language proficiency test results
- Graduate students may be asked to demonstrate minimum competency in the use of computers and academic libraries
- One recent passport size photograph
International30870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 735 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25074 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 597 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Cairo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.