You’ll get to research and experiment with traditional techniques and new technology to create innovative textiles and surface pattern designs for a range of materials including ceramics, plastics and paper. You can also choose to focus purely on textile surfaces, embellishment, print and decoration.
Using our cutting-edge digital equipment, you’ll get the chance to develop designs for wallpaper, tableware, floor coverings, interior products, stationery, giftware, garments and jewellery. We’ll help you to find your own creative process and develop your own direction and style.
The aim of this Surface Pattern and Textiles course from University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) is to develop you into a professional practitioner. Our graduates go onto a range of jobs and careers. Many choose to set up their own businesses (such as Georgia Wilkinson, who has her own brand of interior textiles and products).
Other graduates go on to work in design studios for textile print, fashion print, wallpapers, floor coverings etc. or work as freelance designers or textiles artists with their own studios, running workshops and undertaking commissions.
Some people go onto a career in teaching, lecturing or academics, and it is possible to progress onto PhD or Professional Doctorate study after graduating from the MA course.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design Research
- Design Practice
- Advanced Practice in Surface Pattern & Textiles
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
UK students can apply all year round.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 120 other Masters in Fashion Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should hold a 2:2 degree or equivalent professional experience or learning in a related field
- Applications from all candidates will be considered on their merits in the light of the nature and scope of the programme
- A detailed admissions procedure will be forwarded on application
- IELTS: Score of 6.5 or above
- A high level of achievement in undergraduate studies at a university elsewhere such as North America: Minimum overall GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale
- All applicants are requested to submit digital supporting material and where possible will be invited to attend an interview with a portfolio of recent work
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7800 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time: £867 per 20 credits (UK)
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.