Our Renewable Energy degree at University of Agder is internationally oriented and students can participate on ongoing research projects.
The competitive edge of this programme is the wide range of topics combined with your opportunities for specialization. The master’s programme gives you a broad introduction to the most important forms of renewable energy on a global basis. You learn to
- Evaluate, develop, deploy and control new fossil free technology both in existing and new energy systems and applications
- Design, model and simulate electrical and electromechanical components and systems, especially motors and motor drives for various applications within production, automation and offshore equipment
- Do project work in groups, solve advanced research problems and the use of English as a working language
After successfully completing the master's degree, graduates will be able to move directly into the professional field as a graduate engineer in a range of capacities. The programme qualifies graduates for work in both the industry and the business areas. Prospective employers include energy producers and distribution companies, power-intensive industry, consulting companies, offshore industry, transportation companies and the public sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The programme has four partially overlapping main areas covering the whole industry and energy supply sector
- Renewable energy, with hydro power, bioenergy, wind energy, solar energy plus hydrogen, fuel cells and thermoelectricity, for zero emission transportation systems
- Production systems for electrical energy, starting with hydro power and continuing with wind power, solar power, power system dynamics and the future smart electricity grid
- Industrial applications, with modelling and simulation, electrical motor drives for industry and offshore, power electronics and advanced control theory
- Design and control of energy systems, covering electricity supply, bio fuelled plants for heat and power and advanced control theory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
This programme is open for applicants from EU/EEA only.
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Sustainable Development Sustainable Energy View 11 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Norway
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- General admission criteria to master’s programmes are given in Regulations concerning Requirements for the Master’s Degrees, established by the Ministry of Education and Research. The general requirement is completed bachelor’s degree, cand.mag.-degree, or other degree or vocational education with a scope of minimum 3 years’ duration.
- Further regulations concerning admission are given in Regulations concerning admission to programmes and courses at the University of Agder.
The academic basis is a completed and passed three-year Bachelor’s programme in Engineering, based on the National Curriculum, within the fields of renewable energy, mechatronics, mechanical engineering or electrical engineering. Furthermore, the following requirements, that partly go beyond the requirements of the National Curriculum, have to be met:
- At least 25 credits in relevant mathematics
- At least 5 credits in statistics
- At least 7,5 credits in physics
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
There are no tuition fees at the University of Agder. Exchange students are also exempt from the semester fee.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.