- Popular Music Performance
- Electronic Music
- World Music
- Music Business and Management
What do you learn at University of Agder?
- You acquire a comprehensive understanding of the relationship between performance practice and relevant popular musicology.
- You are provided with insight into central concepts and theoretical issues of popular musicology.
- You develop an academic foundation in order to be able to contribute to reflection and innovation inside popular music.
- You achieve comprehensive understanding of how to accomplish research projects in the field of popular music.
- You get an overview of the different participants and organizations in the musicological environment, and and the dynamics operating between them.
- You achieve knowledge of new technologies and the possibilities and challenges they offer.
- You achieve comprehensive understanding of relevant musicological methods within artistic research, and the ability to use them independently.
- Musicological theory and method
- Performance-based: Popular Music/Songwriting/World Music/Electronic
- Theoretical: Music Business and Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Music Musicology View 15 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Norway
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The general basis for admission to the master`s programme is in accordance with the regulations concerning the requirements for master`s degrees stipulated by the Ministry of Education and Research. The general requirement is a completed bachelor`s degree, a cand.mag. degree or another degree or vocational qualification of minimum three years duration.
- Further regulations regarding admission are in accordance with the admissions regulations for studies and courses at the University of Agder. Supplementary rules for admission to the particular master`s programme in question have been stipulated under the provision of these regulations
- The three performance-based master`s specialisations require a very high level on the principle instrument, and music science and theory pre-requisites equivalent to completion of Scientific Theory, Aesthetics and Analysis from the bachelor programme in music performance at UiA.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- There are no tuition fees at the University of Agder.
- Semester fee NOK 485
Living costs for Kristiansand
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.