As members of a global community, future scientists and technologists will need a clear vision not only of their special field but also of the society of which it is a part. They will need to take into account issues of human development and of harmonious coexistence with people and nature. As the Faculty's campus is also home to liberal arts courses, students can readily participate in non-science courses that can help to develop their value systems and improve their understanding of people, societies, and the environment. Class sizes are kept small, so that students can communicate closely with their instructors as they pursue their chosen field of science, beginning with basics and then continuing on to more advanced study.
The faculty aims to cultivate in our students expertise as well as sensitivity, intelligence and an ability to think freely beyond their areas of study. The academic goal of the faculty is to produce human resources with a “multiple intelligence” which enables them to contribute to solving complicated problems in the modern society.
Sophia University students at the Green Science and Engineering program are required to study courses in accordance with the specialized field of their choice which is represented by a key theme. The faculty maintains the university tradition of small classes that enable students to receive advice from teachers on the selection of courses and area of study. The faculty also provides training in English for science and technology to equip students with competence necessary in the globalized world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The curriculum offers a wide variety of courses to learn fundamentals of science and engineering and to obtain an ability to keep up with the speed of technical innovation and diversification in the industry.
- The courses are also designed to acquire a “multiple intelligence” to support humanity and the environment. In order to make a full use of “multiple intelligence”, it is necessary to acquire fundamental knowledge of the entire domain of science and engineering as the base of an individual’s area of expertise and interdisciplinary skills.
- Each department has its key themes that indicate the areas of study for students to choose from.
- Students are required to study courses in accordance with the specialized field of their choice which is represented by a key theme.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering View 8 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Japan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
This field is seeking students who possess the following qualities.
- Students who show a keen interest in studying and conducting research in geo-environmental science and engineering
- Students who have received basic education in geo-environmental science and engineering and acquired academic fundamentals in science and engineering in general, required for research work
International4142 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2071 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National4142 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2071 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Tokyo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.