In English (Public Texts) at Trent University, you’ll have the freedom to choose your area of focus and the stream that will suits your goals.
In as little as one year, earn a Master’s degree in English Literature while exploring a variety of career tracks in communications, digital or print editing, information science, publishing, teaching, or scholarship.
At Trent, you’ll find freedom and flexibility as you develop new ways of looking at the written word and the implications of “going public.” Whether your interests are academic or applied, you can follow them in one of four fully-funded streams ranging from 12 months to two years. Structure your studies to include a major research paper, a thesis, research-creation project, or a sought-after internship option.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Textual Studies in D.I.Y. Punk
- Themes in Social and Cultural History: Visual Culture and the Creation of Modern Publics
- Imagining Immunity
- Materiality and the Text in the Digital Age
- The Symptom of Writing Race
- Care Texts in Context
- Identities and social movements
- Culture, Heritage & the Arts
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Literature View 71 other Masters in Language Studies in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Honours degree (a four year undergraduate bachelor's degree) in English Literature or in another field relevant to public texts
- Minimum B+ (77%) or equivalent in the work of the last four semesters or the last two undergraduate years (last ten full credits)
International22066 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22066 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National9051 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9051 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.