On enrolment, you will be registered as a provisional psychologist and then go on to complete up to 1000 hours of supervised practical placements.
The first two placements will be in the University’s student-led Health Clinic, where you will gain exposure to inter-professional practice with additional training opportunities occurring in workplace settings, always under the support and supervision of experienced academic mentors.
Study a Master of Clinical Psychology at University of Canberra and you will:
- learn to read, critique, evaluate and apply evidence from research and science into the practices of health care and health services
- enhance your communication skills in listening, speaking, explaining, and teaching
- develop detailed knowledge of normal function and development of the musculoskeletal, cardiothoracic, and neurological systems
- apply your knowledge and skill to assess, prevent, and treat developmental and degenerative diseases of the musculoskeletal, cardiothoracic, and neurological systems
- understand and apply the professional ethics, responsibilities, values, and standards for the practice of physiotherapy
- develop excellent clinical analytical and reasoning skills.
Career opportunities for Clinical Psychologists are considerable, and UC graduates are in high demand across a wide range of services within the public and private sectors. For example:
- Private practice supporting members of the public
- Health departments, hospitals, and community practices
- National, state or local government or non-government organisations
- Welfare agencies, educational institutions, defense, justice and community services.
The Master of Clinical Psychology (MCP) provides the 5th and 6th years of APAC accredited postgraduate training required to be eligible for general registration as a psychologist and entry into the registrar program for Clinical endorsement.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Psychological Practice
- Forensic Psychology for Clinicians
- Health Psychology for Clinicians
- Research Project - Preparation
- Research Project - Implementation
- Research Project - Data Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology Clinical Psychology View 106 other Masters in Psychology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- A completed four year sequence in psychology accredited by APAC and completed within the last 10 years
- A GPA of 6.0 or higher in fourth year psychology honours or graduate diploma course
- UC graduates - hold upper second class psychology honours (of at least 80%)
- Non-UC graduates - hold first class psychology honours (of at least 85%)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International42200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42200 AUD per year during 24 months.
National29900 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29900 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.