Why study the Social Work degree from Goldsmiths, University of London,?
- This Masters programme is ideal if you are a graduate, with relevant experience, interested in pursuing a professional career in social work
- The MA Social Work qualification is accredited, enabling you to register and work as a professional social worker
- Over 95% of MA social work graduates at Goldsmiths go on to full-time graduate-level work. Our social work programmes are highly regarded by potential employers within London and further afield, and our graduates have an excellent record of securing employment; they've gone on to work in local authority children's services departments, adult services departments, and independent sector and voluntary sector agencies such as the NSPCC, Family Action and Mind
- We're ranked second in London in the University Subject Tables 2017 league table for social work
- We are involved in a unique Teaching Partnership with three local authorities. This means that you will be taught in the classroom by practising social workers. Depending on your profile, interest and experience, you are also likely to obtain two social work placements in local authority settings. In 2016/17 96% students completed both their first and second placements in a local authority team ( 65% were provided by South East London Teaching Partnership employers).
- We'll equip you with the knowledge, values and skills you'll need to practise as a reflective and ethical social worker, equipped for the challenges of contemporary social work practice
- You'll be encouraged to make links between anti-oppressive practice, the social work values, the legal framework, theories, methods and skills of intervention and social work practice throughout the course
- You will meet service users and hear about their experiences while studying at Goldsmiths
- The MA is an academic and professional qualification. It provides a gateway to more specialist therapeutic qualifications and research degree programmes
You'll develop the ability to practise social work in a wide variety of settings with different service user groups.
The programme will enable you to register and practise as a qualified social worker.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Human Growth and Development
- Community Needs and Services
- Social Work Methods and Skills
- Social Work Practice Learning Year
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications received after the UCAS deadline of 15 January may not be considered.
DisciplinesSocial Work View 240 other Masters in Social Work in United Kingdom
To be accepted onto the programme you must:
- Have (or expect to be awarded) a first or an upper second-class honours degree or lower second class honours plus a postgraduate degree (such as an MA or MSc) or PGCE or appropriate professional qualification equivalent to a first degree
- Have a Grade C or above in GCSE English and Mathematics or certified equivalent (eg Level 2 Key or Functional Skills Literacy or Numeracy)
- Have a minimum of 12 months' full-time (or part-time equivalent) relevant voluntary or paid work experience (normally within the last two years)
- It is a requirement of entry onto the course that students possess an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
International18900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18900 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA8640 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8640 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.