The Cyber Security program from University of New South Wales provides principles gathered from information systems, systems engineering, computer science, network security and defence to enhance a career as a cyber security specialist. Most of the core courses are offered via incentive delivery mode, where students have access to the specially equipped Cyber Range laboratory, which is unique and the largest in Australia in terms of the number of students who can simultaneously participate in lab pracs.
Students can choose to complete the generalist Master of Cyber Security program or one of the following specialisations: Advanced Tradecraft or Digital Forensics.
Why choose this degree?
This degree is designed to meet the demand for technical experts who can implement and lead the technical cyber security function. It equips graduates with multidisciplinary aspects of cyber security that they can apply to workforces and in everyday situations. While completing core courses, students will have access to the unique Cyber Range laboratory.
Who should choose this degree?
This degree is designed for postgraduate scholars and professional managers interested in gaining technical skills and expertise through practical implementation and leadership of the cyber security offence and defence. Graduates will be able to implement and lead the technical cyber security function in defence, government, law enforcement and industry organisations.
- Cyber security specialist, analyst or architect
- Network security specialist
- Digital Forensic investigator (Forensics stream only)
- Intrusion detection specialist (Advance tradecraft only)
- Cyber security incident responder (Advance tradecraft only)
- Penetration Tester (Advance tradecraft only)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cyber Offence: Threats and Opportunities
- Information Assurance and Security
- Wireless, Mobile and Internet of Things Security
- Cyber Defence: Network Security Operations
- Reverse Engineering
- Humans and Security
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to submit your completed application as early as possible to ensure it will be processed in time for your preferred term.
DisciplinesIT Security Cyber Security View 17 other Masters in Cyber Security in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Provider Code: 00098G
- You may be asked to provide evidence of your English proficiency to study at UNSW depending on your educational background and citizenship. English language skills are vitally important for coping with lectures, tutorials, assignments and examinations and this is why UNSW requires a minimum English language competency for enrolment.
- If English is not your first language, you will need to provide proof of your English proficiency before you will be given an offer to study at UNSW.
International39120 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39120 AUD per year during 12 months.
National32400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32400 AUD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.