- Advanced principal study tuition from professional musicians
- Participation in the BBC National Orchestra of Wales and/or Welsh National Opera placement schemes
- Mentoring scheme with industry professionals
- Orchestral and sectional rehearsal and performance opportunities at RWCMD
- Specialist, advanced orchestral repertoire performance tuition
- Advanced tuition available in supporting areas such as Alexander Technique, doubling instrument, end-of-line instruments and period instruments
- Professional accompaniment provision
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Orchestral Performance
- The Professional Musician
- Psychology of Collaborative Performance
- Research Project or Reflecting on Performance
- Advanced Teaching Skills
- Advanced Outreach Skills
- Advanced Sound Recording
- Career Management
- Creative Project
- Individual Project
- Presenting at Conference
- Portfolio of Compositions
- Portfolio of Arrangements
- Vocational Project
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entry to the postgraduate music programmes is by audition (or by interview for Composition applicants). Candidates should be able to demonstrate a level of performance ability appropriate for professional training. Composition applicants will be asked to send examples of their creative work to discuss at interview.
- Minimum entry requirements usually include an undergraduate degree in music (2:1 or higher for Masters applicants) or an equivalent qualification. Candidates who have been studying or working in another field will be considered.
International20701 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20701 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA10522 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10522 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.