For entry to the MMus Orchestral Performance course at Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama, you must apply via UCAS Conservatoires.
- Advanced principal study tuition from professional musicians
- Participation in the BBC National Orchestra of Wales and/or Welsh National Opera placement schemes
- Mentoring scheme with industry professionals
- Orchestral and sectional rehearsal and performance opportunities at RWCMD
- Specialist, advanced orchestral repertoire performance tuition
- Advanced tuition available in supporting areas such as Alexander Technique, doubling instrument, end-of-line instruments and period instruments
- Professional accompaniment provision
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Orchestral Performance
- The Professional Musician
- Psychology of Collaborative Performance
- Research Project or Reflecting on Performance
- Advanced Teaching Skills
- Advanced Outreach Skills
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music Performance View 51 other Masters in Music Performance in United Kingdom
- Entry is by audition and candidates should be able to demonstrate a level of performance ability appropriate for professional training.
- Minimum entry requirements usually include a 2:1 degree in music or an equivalent qualification.
- Candidates who have been studying or working in another field will be considered.
International21962 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21962 GBP per year during 24 months.
National11163 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11163 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.