The Literature with a Specialization in German programme from Stockholm University aims at giving the students a deeper knowledge of German literature and developing their skills in academic writing in German.
- The students will learn to use advanced theories and methods for the exploration of literary texts, both in terms of form and in terms of their relation to history, politics and ethics. The theoretical level of the courses is high.
- Mandatory courses in literary theory and method are offered to all students in the master programme in literature, regardless of their field of specialization.
- These courses are taught in English. All courses in the field of German are taught in German. A master thesis is written during the last semester of study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Scientific Methods and Research Ethics
- Narrative Theory
- German, Literature
- Seminar Course in Current Theoretical Perspectives
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature View 41 other Masters in Language Studies in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Degree of Bachelor of Arts, with a major in German Literature or equivalent.
- Swedish Upper Secondary School course English B/English 6 or equivalent.
International8937 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17875 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Applies to citizens from outside EU, EEA or Switzerland. First instalment: 45000 SEK. The complete programme: 180000 SEK.
Living costs for Stockholm
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.