University College Dublin School members also play a significant role in debating economic policy issues and in contributing to the formulation of economic policy in Ireland and Europe.
This one-year Quantitative Economics course provides high quality quantitative training in economics, a focus on advanced research methods and a supervised research thesis.
- Students get a rigorous grounding in using mathematical and statistical methods to derive, test and apply formal economic models.
- The course prepares students for PhD-level study in economics or obtaining employment as a professional economist in jobs requiring the application of analytical methods to economic problems.
- Students have the ability to switch after first term to our MSc in Applied Economics, which includes the option of a summer internship.
CareerMany graduates of our masters programmes have gone on to complete PhDs in economics and pursue successful careers as academic or research economists. Many others have moved directly to employment in central banks, think-tanks, government departments, regulatory agencies, financial sector institutions and consultancy firms.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Research Skills
- Advanced Microeconomics
- Advanced Macroeconomics
- Advanced Econometrics
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A primary degree with at least an upper second class honours or international equivalent in Economics, or in another degree that has strong theoretical and quantitative content such as Maths, Physics, Engineering or Computer Science, is required.An upper second class honours in a Higher Diploma in Economics.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0 in each element), or equivalent.
International19900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19900 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10315 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10315 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
- EU fee per year - € 6705
- nonEU fee per year - € 9950
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.