The Photography - The Image and Electronic Arts programme, offered by the Goldsmiths, University of London, joins theory and practice, equipping you to develop and achieve highly effectively in the new image media culture. Practice uses both digital and analogue technology, still and durational as well as the study and production of interactivity.
The programme allows for specialisation in photography and/or electronic arts – which, in addition to still photography, can include interactive, durational and internet work – but encompasses a broader interpretation of practice.
You'll look at the meaning, production and distribution of images, and the relationship between theory and practice in the context of debates about post-modernism and beyond.
Graduates from the programme are extremely successful, with finalists working commercially, developing as artists or continuing to enlarge their academic knowledge. During the course particular attention is given to the development of the individual voice. This, plus students' exposure to a range of technologies, means that our graduates can step into the arena of their choice, or sometimes of their making.
Here are just some examples of the sorts of careers graduates have gone onto:
- Art Director
- Senior Interactive Designer
- Head of Creative Department
- Head Technical Creative, Experimental Film and Dance
- Commercial Photography (fashion, editorial, photobooks, social, advertising)
- Director (commercial narrative)
- Director Of Photography
- Installation Artist
- Interactive Artist
- Photography: Durational & Still; Analogue & Digital
- Electronic Imagery: Motion & Still
- Visualisation: Stand-alone & Interactive
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply early to avoid disappointment
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 578 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Goldsmiths, University of London and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- You should have (or expect to be awarded) an undergraduate degree of at least upper second class standard in a relevant/related subject as well a level of practical experience in a relevant area.
International22600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14290 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14290 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.