The MSc in Aviation Finance at University College Dublin is the only MSc Aviation Finance Degree in Europe and is supported by leading aircraft leasing companies through internships, scholarships and research projects.
It is suitable for graduates from a wide variety of disciplines including business, economics, finance, engineering and science who want to pursue a career in the highly dynamic sector of aviation finance and leasing.
You will acquire a detailed understanding of the financial processes and procedures associated with the aviation finance sector including suitable risk assessment and aircraft valuation, relevant accounting and taxation issues, leasing developments and insurance applications, and legal implications. You will also develop the knowledge and skills (both professional and personal) necessary for a career in the aircraft and airline financing industry.
As the only Masters in Europe covering Aviation Finance, this programme offers an unrivalled level of specialisation in leasing and airline industry developments and significant career opportunities.
- A strong emphasis on the development of interpersonal skills, leadership and problem-solving, as well as tracking recent developments, ensuring that graduates are well-informed on the aviation industry and well-equipped to enter it.
- A summer term research project/internship option enables graduates to either deepen their conceptual understanding and analytical skills or put their learnings into immediate practice in the field
The MSc in Aviation Finance from the UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School gives you the specialised skills and knowledge you need for a career in the aviation finance and leasing sector.
Potential careers for our graduates include:
- Credit Risk Analysis
- Pricing Analyst
- Financial Modelling
- Risk Management
- Aviation Leasing Marketing and Negotiations
- Quantitative Methods For Aviation Finance
- Accounting / Financial Statement Analysis for Aviation
- Aviation Finance I
- Capital Markets and Instruments
- Aviation Tax
- Aviation Economics
- Law of Aviation Finance
- Topics in Aviation Finance
- Doing Business Globally.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering Finance Management Studies View 89 other Masters in Management Studies in Ireland
An honours bachelors degree in:
- Business/Commerce to include a number of quantitative subjects such as Economics or Finance or a Finance-related-area, Mathematical Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or Physics with a minimum 2.1 award at NFQ Level 8 (or international equivalent) in a. or b. above.
- Strong academic ability (a 1.1 or 2.1) in a number of quantitative modules in their degree.
- Candidates may be asked to sit the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) subject to individual application.
International24900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24900 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA19000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19000 EUR per year during 12 months.
- Fees Part-Time EU: €9,500 per year
- Part-Time Non-EU: €10,250 per year
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.