A candidate whose qualification for admission to the Master of Dental Technology at University of Otago is a postgraduate diploma (other than the Postgraduate Diploma in Dental Technology) or equivalent may be exempted from papers to a maximum of 60 points, provided that the candidate's previous study is directly relevant to the proposed and approved programme of study.
The programme of study, the topic of the thesis, and the supervisors of the research, shall be approved by the Faculty of Dentistry.
A candidate may not present a thesis which has previously been accepted for another degree.
For the thesis, the research should be of a kind that a diligent and competent student should complete within one year of full-time study.
The high skill base that New Zealand dental technicians achieve makes them desirable to overseas employers.
In New Zealand and Australia, dental technicians are employed by commercial dental laboratories. These laboratories provide the bulk of the work for the private dental industry, the defence forces, hospitals, and state dental services.
The ratio of employer to employee is approximately 1:3, and many dental technicians ultimately set up business for themselves. There are no barriers to becoming self-employed
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Dental Materials Science
- Advanced Fixed Prosthodontic Techniques
- Advanced Implant Prosthodontic Techniques
- Advanced Maxillofacial Prosthodontic Techniques
- Advanced Dental Technology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesDentistry View 16 other Masters in Dentistry in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by programme with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor's degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24489 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24489 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National22333 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22333 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- National: 37,439 NZD
- International: 41,054 NZD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.