The course combines perspectives from international relations, ethics and conflict resolution to reflect critically upon the wide range of social, political and economic issues associated with peace and political violence.
A week-long Mediation Summer School provides an opportunity to develop practical skills in the area of conflict resolution and mediation. There is also the option to participate in various field trips in Ireland and abroad.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Students are required to take the two core modules as well as four modules from the list of modules. A sufficient number of optional modules must be taken to fulfil credit requirements.A. Core Modules
- The Politics of Peace and Conflict
- Research Methods
- International Politics
- Ethics in International Affairs
- Conflict Resolution and Nonviolence
- Armed Conflict, Peace-building and Development
- The United Nations and Conflict Resolution
- Human Rights in Theory and Practice
- Gender, War and Peace
- Northern Ireland: Conflict, Religion and the Politics of Peace
- The Politics of the Idea of Europe
- Race and Ethnicity, Theoretical Concepts
- Ethnic Conflict, Peace and the State
- Religion and International Relations
- NGOs in Theory and Practice: Internship Module
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Terrorism & Security View 27 other Masters in International Relations in Ireland
Applicants should normally have an honors degree at second class level or GPA 3.2 or above. Students not meeting these criteria may exceptionally be considered at the discretion of the Dean of Graduate Studies.
International16868 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16868 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9097 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9097 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part time fee
- National -€ 5951
- International -€ 10047
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.