It is also one of very few masters degrees in the UK to be recognised as an affiliated university under the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute University Affiliation Program (UAP).
This acknowledges that the course covers at least 70 percent of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK) and places emphasis on the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
The course positions students well to obtain the Chartered Financial Analyst designation, which has become the most respected and recognised investment credential in the world.
The Investment Analysis students at the University of Stirling have successfully competed in the prestigious CFA Institute Research Challenge, winning a place in the UK Final in nine out of the last eleven years.
The competition is considered the “investment Olympics” for university students, and requires participants to assume the role of investment analysts and produce a report on a publicly traded company with a buy, hold or sell recommendation.
The opportunity to be a part of our CFA Institute Research Challenge team gives you a unique opportunity to test your knowledge in a 'real-world' scenario.
On this Masters course you’ll:
- study the use of qualitative and quantitative techniques to value investments
- develop and evaluate portfolio management strategies
- cultivate the ability to extract essential information from financial reports
- understand risk management tools
- assess macroeconomic and market trends
- analyse financial data relating to investments
- learn about the techniques used to value investments and to develop and evaluate investment portfolios
- analyse investment regulations and ethics
Many of our graduates hold senior positions in the investment profession. Others have developed successful careers in related fields, such as banking, financial media and business consultancy.
You will have career opportunities in both the ‘buy side’ and the ‘sell side’ of the investment industry, including with insurance firms, hedge funds, broking firms and investment banks.
Graduates work around the world for organisations including:
- Aberdeen Asset Management
- Baillie Gifford
- Horwarth Capital China
- Investec Securities
- JP Morgan
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Flying Start Leadership Programme
- Financial Reporting
- Quantitative Methods in Finance
- Economics for Banking and Finance
- Corporate Finance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
More informationGo to the programme website
DisciplinesFinance Management, Organisation & Leadership Business Intelligence & Analytics View 722 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a second class Honours degree or equivalent. Applicants without these formal qualifications but with significant appropriate/relevant work/life experience are encouraged to apply.
International18950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Check the programme website for information about funding options.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.