The Pharmaceutical Sciences - Industrial Pharmacy program of The University of Toledo prepares students to assume pharmaceutical manufacturing positions performing a variety of specialized tasks including pre-formulation evaluation, dosage form design, and stability testing. Graduates of the program go on to prestigious PhD programs throughout the United States as well as entry-level scientist positions in the pharmaceutical industry across the world.
- Develop a basic understanding of five functional areas of pharmaceutics: chemistry, computer science, engineering, pharmaceutical manufacturing and data analysis.
- Apply knowledge from these five functional areas to a contemporary industrial pharmacy project.
- Apply this knowledge within a specific manufacturing setting. This can be likened to an internship-type experience.
- Develop the student's ability to work effectively with colleagues, other scientists and industrial professionals and administrators.
- Develop the student's ability to search for and interpret information applicable to specific projects in pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Foster problem-solving and decision-making skills that may be applied to the development, testing and production of pharmaceutical dosage forms.
- Encourage the student to become involved in professional associations at national and regional levels where applicable.
- Develop the student’s ability to determine the drug delivery designs for the future and the ability to meet these needs.
- Provide a focus on industrial pharmacy and drug dosage design that will provide a competitive edge in the pharmaceutical industry job market.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Pharmaceutical Rate Process
- Advanced Analylical Chemistry
- Advanced Drug Delivery Lab
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
International student applications are due four (4) weeks prior to the posted deadline due to immigration processing.
DisciplinesPharmacy View 172 other Masters in Pharmacy in United States
- Four-year Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- GRE Requirement
- The GMAT is only required for applicants with a GPA below 2.7 or applicants seeking Graduate Assistantship opportunities. Applicants with a GPA below 2.7 can be considered for a waiver at the discretion of the Associate Dean
- In addition to the official, final transcripts, you must also provide official certified, or attested copies of all graduation certificates, diplomas or degree certificates needed to fulfill your admission
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE/Duolingo Requirement
- All international students must also demonstrate adequate financial resources for their graduate education before they can be admitted
International25264 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12632 USD per semester during 24 months.
National25264 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12632 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State14396 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7198 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Toledo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.