A program attentive to developing the craft of historical research, writing and analysis, the graduate program prepares students equally for continuing with academic studies at the doctoral level and for a variety of other careers where the knowledge and skills of the historian are valued.
The Master of Arts in History program at University of Windsor is a small program, providing a supportive atmosphere for our students, who have achieved many successes such as winning provincial and national scholarships; acceptance of revised versions of major papers in scholarly journals and parts of major papers published in e-journals; as well as presenting at various lecture series and conferences.
Many of our graduates have also had success outside the academic world as lawyers, librarians, museum curators, financial advisors, civil servants and even as employees of this university.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Modes of Historical Interpretation
- Research Methods
- Studies in the History of Sexuality
- Studies in the History of Women and Gender
- Studies in the History of the Book and the Culture of the Written Word
- Studies in Canadian Social History
- Studies in Post Colonial History
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory View 92 other Masters in History in Canada
- An undergraduate transcript
- Two Confidential Reports; these are letters of recommendation, from the professors who know your academic work best
- A one-page statement of purpose This is an outline of your historical interests: the place(s), time period(s) and theoretical and methodological approach(es) you find most interesting. If you already know what you hope to focus on in your research, this is the place to express your intention. The purpose of this statement is to help the faculty members who examine the application to know whether or not the program is appropriate to your interests.
- A recent sample of your writing; normally a paper written for a senior undergraduate course.
International15330 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7665 CAD per semester and a duration of 18 months.
National4786 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2393 CAD per semester and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.