- On the origns of economic growth, international income differences, and inequality
- How markets should be designed to achieve policy goals
- How incentives and behavior shape optimal policies and institutions
- Energy economics and climate change
- How laboratory experiments help produce insights about behavior
A diverse range of employment opportunities are available to graduates in specifically economicsrelated roles in public institutions such as government ministries, central banks, agencies and authorities (such as the EU Comission), international institutions (such as OECD, IMF or the World Bank). Research centres, universities and economics departments of private institutions (banks, consulting firms, large companies, associations or the media) are also potential emploxers.
The M.Sc. in Economics at University of Cologne widens the knowledge gained in your bachelor studies, giving you advanced expertise in your chosen field. For many managing positions in different industries and for certain professions in research and t4eaching, a master is indispensable.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design & Behavior
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor degree certificate | If you have not finished your bachelor studies but have passed at least 80% of the examinations (at least 144 credits in a bachelor degree carrying 180 ECTS credits), you can apply by submitting a confirmation of all credits earned so far, along with a provisional average grade computed and certified by your examination office.
- Transcript of records (stamped and signed) | list of all taken modules and courses including grades and credits
- School leaving certificate | A-levels/ High school diploma
- Official description of the content of all taken bachelor courses
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Results of admission test
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
As a student of one of the partner universities of the University of Cologne you do not have to pay any tuition fees. Only Social fee.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.