The History program of The University of Toledo is committed to the values of a liberal arts education:
- critical analysis
- written and oral communication skills
- evaluation of evidence
- a respect for diversity and difference, including difference of opinion
- the continuing relevance of the humanities as a search for and understanding of the human experience
History Graduate Degree Highlights
- Faculty mentors. UToledo master's and Ph.D. students work closely with faculty in a collegial setting that places a high priority on individual studies, archival research and teaching experience. Our program’s small size allows the faculty to work one-on-one with graduate students and mentor them from their first day in the program through graduation.
- Invaluable teaching experience. We provide our graduate students with a wide variety of teaching experiences before they enter the job market.
- Public history internships. UToledo’s Department of History has connections with a wide variety of local museum, historical societies and other public history sites.
- Financial support. Research assistantships are available to qualified master’s and doctoral students. UToledo’s Department of History also offers several scholarships specifically for graduate history students.
Graduates from UToledo’s history M.A. and Ph.D. programs have gone on to successful careers in academia and at museums and other public history sites. Our master’s graduates have been accepted into doctoral programs at Ohio State University, the University of Cincinnati and the University of Houston.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- World History
- Contemporary World
- Introduction to Historical Thinking
- Historical Methods
- Ethnic America
- The Early Republic
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory View 654 other Masters in History in United States
- Four-year Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- GRE Requirement
- The GMAT is only required for applicants with a GPA below 2.7 or applicants seeking Graduate Assistantship opportunities. Applicants with a GPA below 2.7 can be considered for a waiver at the discretion of the Associate Dean
- In addition to the official, final transcripts, you must also provide official certified, or attested copies of all graduation certificates, diplomas or degree certificates needed to fulfill your admission
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE/Duolingo Requirement
- All international students must also demonstrate adequate financial resources for their graduate education before they can be admitted
International25264 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12632 USD per semester during 24 months.
National25264 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12632 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State14396 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7198 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Toledo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.