Thinking of terms like “Information Society” or “Information Era” it becomes quite evident that information is one of the most valuable goods in today‘s economy. In times of global networking and dynamically changing economic and working environments, success increasingly depends on effective information and knowledge management. Efficient information processing or good information logistics is inevitable when data have to be acquired and information has to be delivered in the right format, at the right place, at the right time and to the right people. At the same time, acquisition, validation, presentation and data security have to meet very high standards. A dynamic environment like this needs individuals with a broad range of skills and knowledge who are able to understand and realise the requirements of information management from design and development up to the implementation of suitable IT solutions.
The unique master‘s degree programme in Information Engineering and Computer Science, offered by Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences, has been designed to meet those needs.
Our degree programme aims to equip you for a career that matches future labour market needs and trends by putting a special emphasis on innovative problem solving methods considering interdisciplinary and international approaches.
Complementing the individual skills you have gained in your bachelor´s degree, our master´s degree will strengthen your employability and will make you an ideal candidate for all international companies and research institutes operating in the fields of:
- Information and data management
- Development and operation of large web-based and cloud-like storage and computing facilities
- Simulation of complex systems (e.g. modelling the environment)
- Development of decision support systems
- Hard- and software development for automation and control of logistic systems
- Hard- and software development of embedded systems (used e.g. by companies situated in the automobile or medical equipment industry)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- System Simulation System Simulation
- Data Analysis / Statistics
- Scientific and Technical Communication
- Applied Research Project
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences View 101 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Proof of a completed undergraduate degree (B.Sc., B.A., diploma or equivalent) which included subjects in the fields of practical computer science and computer engineering as well as fundamentals in mathematics, natural sciences and engineering. In individual cases, missing subjects can be compensated by proof of other related academic training or qualifications. Please outline your additional knowledge and experience in an essay of no more than 1,000 words.
- An overall mark of at least 2.3 in your undergraduate degree.
- A sufficient level of English language proficiency (CEFR level B2 or better).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.