Business Analytics programme at University College Dublin involves the development and application of models and concepts to explore management issues and solve managerial problems. It includes Data Science, Management Science and Operational Research. Many different organisations use the principles and practice of Analytics.
Available in one-year full-time and two-year part-time formats, this programme is suitable for graduates from technical disciplines such as Engineering, Computer Science and Mathematics with a talent for and interest in finding mathematical or computer solutions to business problems. It is also suitable for business graduates who have studied Management Information Systems (MIS) subjects. The student profile also includes people with practical experience, who often use the programme to re-direct their career.
The mix of full and part-time students from different backgrounds, working together on projects, makes the interaction between students an important and worthwhile part of the learning experience.
For part-time students entering in September 2018, it requires class attendance during the working day so employer support is essential to undertake the part-time option.
Graduates of the MSc in Business Analytics go into analytics consultancy, data science, software/web/IT, customer analytics, finance, operations research, logistics, and more generally into analytics roles in a wide variety of industries.
Potential careers for our graduates include:
- Business Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Financial Analyst
- Software Engineer
- Acquisitions Analyst
- Quantitative Analyst
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Business Analytics
- Optimisation in Business
- Statistics and Simulation Methods
- Programming for Analytics
- Data Management
- Data Mining
- Consulting, Change and Project Management
- Advanced Operations Research
- Smart Systems
- Decision and Behavioural Analytics.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Intelligence & Analytics View 50 other Masters in Business Administration in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A minimum second class honours primary degree (or equivalent) which includes quantitative techniques.
- A student may be asked to undertake the GMAT or GRE at the Director's discretion.
- Two completed academic reference forms from referees who can assess your maturity, motivation and intellectual ability. Part-time students can provide employer references. MSc Business Analytics Reference Form.
- (Note that graduates of UCD Lochlann Quinn School of Business are not required to submit the reference form).
International19900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19900 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA14460 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14460 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Part-Time EU: €7,855
- Part-Time Non-EU: €9,950
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.