The Archaeology MA program offered by University of Saskatchewan has an emphasis on the Northern Plains and Boreal Forest regions, Northwest Coast, and other Circumpolar regions connecting with local archaeological societies and communities across Saskatchewan and beyond. Our faculty research areas include:
- Environmental archaeology
- Computational archaeology
- Ancient hunter-gatherers
- Historical archaeology
- Computer applications
- Hunter-Gatherer Archaeology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Late applications may be considered but most awards are made in February and March.
DisciplinesArchaeology History View 14 other Masters in Archaeology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e. 60 credit units)
- a four-year honours degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in archaeology or anthropology, or a related discipline
- a course in archaeological method and theory
- substantial course work in the area of declared research interest
International6730 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6730 CAD per year during 24 months.
National4260 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4260 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Saskatoon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.