In the year one of the Dance Therapy program of Codarts Rotterdam the focus is on development and growth, play, creativity, giving meaning to movement, dance in therapy, finding out about one’s own and the other’s (movement) preferences and values, exploring the body, different DT principles and methods, diversity issues, and critical reflection connecting it all, building up the enquiring mind and getting acquainted with mental health care institutions through regular fieldwork visits.
- Classes take place every Friday, two Saturdays per month and three intensive weeks (Oct., Feb. and June/July). Fieldwork visits need to be scheduled individually on other days.
- The Research modules, classes and labs, and the research project leading to a master thesis offer professional tools for the dance therapy student at two levels: First, it generally contributes to an increased understanding of dance therapy.
- Second, it introduces enquiry, evaluation and research methods that help the DT practitioner to understand and develop practical approaches to treatment.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLiberal Arts Theatre & Dance View 11 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a specific entrance audition must be passed,
- you should be in possession of a bachelor diploma, or equivalent,
- you must have a minimum of two years work experience after having acquired the bachelor degree.
International4025 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4025 EUR per year during 36 months.
National2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Rotterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.