As a student of this Computer Systems and Networks master’s programme, delivered at the Chalmers University of Technology, you will acquire theoretical knowledge and engineering skills in:
- Parallel and Distributed Systems
- Computer Security and Dependability
- Computer Systems Engineering
- Communication Networks
The programme has been carefully designed to be relevant to a growing industrial and governmental ICT sector. In particular, the healthcare, e-commerce, aerospace, automotive, and telecom industries all rely on secure, dependable, safe, and energy-efficient computing systems and communication networks.
The programme gives you the opportunity to combine academic training with engineering work experience, a combination that opens up diverse career paths, such as becoming:
- the Chief Technology Officer who takes responsibility for the company’s technological development plan and influences its competitiveness in the market
- the Systems Architect and Designer who builds computer systems and design networked applications and protocols
- the Project Manager responsible for driving specific projects by choosing technical directions and leading people
- the Software Engineer who develops systems and run-time software that interfaces to the hardware platform
- the Security and Network Specialist who oversees company computer resources to ensure that sensitive data and services are only accessible to authorized users.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Networks
- Operating Systems
- Technical Writing in Computer Systems and Networks
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Security
- Distributed Systems
- Real-Time Systems
- Elective Courses
The programme trains professionals in the field of Computer Science and Engineering. We welcome applications from graduates of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Mathematics and Physics.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 63 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in: Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Automation and Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Mathematics, Software Engineering.
- Prerequisites: Mathematics (including Calculus (at least 7,5 cr.) and Linear Algebra (at least 7,5 cr.)), Introduction to Computer Engineering (at least 5 cr.), Programming in a General-Purpose Language (e.g. C/C++/Java/Haskell or similar (at least 7,5 cr.)) and one of the following courses: Discrete Mathematics and/or Mathematical Statistics and/or Probability Theory and/or Algorithms and/or Data Structures (at least 7,5 cr.)
International13519 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13519 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- 140 000 SEK/ academic year;
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.