Students are instructed in the development, use and critical evaluation of conceptual models, evidence, methods of analysis, and practical interventions.
The Public Health (Distance Learning) programme at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine provides students with the knowledge and skills to address diverse public health issues in low, middle and high income settings. The varied curriculum allows students to opt for a broad range of knowledge or to concentrate on specialised areas.
The programme offers four alternative streams; the general Public Health stream and three specialist streams: Environment and Health; Health Promotion and Health Services Management.
Students on this programme come from diverse backgrounds. Many are health professionals working at a service or policy level, while others wish to obtain public health skills that they can apply to their work in development, community services, government, research or teaching.
- Basic Epidemiology
- Basic Statistics for Public Health and Policy
- Principles of Social Research
- Issues in Public Health
- Environment, Health & Sustainable Development
- Foundations of Health Promotion
- Health Services
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Postgraduate Certificate – 60 credits
- Postgraduate Diploma – 120 credits
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 293 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- a minimum of one year's relevant work experience; and
- a first or second class honours degree or the equivalent, in a subject appropriate to the course, from a university or other institution acceptable to the University of London.
- Qualifications from around the world are accepted; for further guidance please see the School's qualifications for entrance. Students who do not satisfy the entrance requirements may still be admitted at the discretion of the School on the basis of their academic qualifications, work experience and references.
To get the most from your studies, your computer should have at least the following minimum specification:
- screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or greater
- sufficient bandwidth to download documents should be 50 MB
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.