It is designed to train students in research that integrates cognitive and behavioural studies at the ecological level. Molecular, developmental, and evolutionary aspects of cognition and behaviour are also studied.
Supervisors include faculty from the Departments of Biology, Ocean Sciences, and Psychology, the Faculty of Medicine, and the Environmental Science Program at Grenfell Campus, as well as adjunct faculty from the Canadian Wildlife Service, Department of Fisheries and Oceans, the Newfoundland and Labrador Forestry and Wildlife Divisions, and Parks Canada.
The MSc program in Cognitive and Behavioural Ecology involves courses and a thesis and can be completed in two years of full-time study. This master is available at the Memorial University of Newfoundland.
Research and Teaching
- The Faculty of Science is focused on exceptional teaching and research to deliver high quality academic programs and make significant contributions to the world in which we live.
- We are also committed to providing students with opportunities for hands-on learning by way of innovative research projects - in the classroom, in the lab and in the field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cognitive and Behavioural Ecology
- Behavioural Ecology & Sociobiology
- Environmental Science
- Environmental Science and Technology
- Earth & Ocean Systems
- Theoretical Physics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesCognitive Sciences Animal Sciences Ecology View 10 other Masters in Animal Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- Official transcript(s) (must be submitted by post mail or courier)
- Two (2) letters of appraisal
- Non-refundable application fee
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional requirements (may be required).
- Prerequisites may be necessary for your program of interest
International2148 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1074 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National1652 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 826 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Tuition (NL students): MSc: $635-$953/semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.