Our faculty are engaged in research in a wide range of topics in fields such as environmental history, social history, cultural history, military history, and many others, and supervise graduate studies covering periods from the ancient world to the twenty-first century, and regions across the globe.
The MA program in History at the Memorial University of Newfoundland is designed to be completed in 12 months, and normally consists of four semester courses and a major research paper, or, a more rigorous option, of three semester courses and a thesis.
- Understanding the world through research into the past is at the heart of Memorial’s History department.
- Our faculty are engaged in a wide range of projects which vary geographically and thematically. While this research stretches from the local to the international, and covers periods from the start of history to this century, we are all linked by a deep sense that inquiry into the past allows for an understanding of today’s world.
- Moreover, the majority of our department’s research projects are designed to incorporate students into active, experiential learning about the past and about the world of the historian.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Though most MA students have chosen to concentrate on Canadian or Newfoundland history, the Department welcomes students interested in aspects of United States, British, and European history.
- More details on these areas below. Faculty also have expertise in thematic areas such as maritime, environmental, medical, labour, military, media, and gender history.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory View 55 other Masters in History in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- Official transcript(s) (must be submitted by post mail or courier)
- Two (2) letters of appraisal
- Non-refundable application fee
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional requirements (may be required).
- Prerequisites may be necessary for your program of interest
International2148 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1074 CAD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National1652 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 826 CAD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.