At the McMaster University we offer a master degree in Neuroscience.
A collaborative partnership among the Faculties of Science, Health Sciences, Engineering and Humanities, the Neuroscience program is designed to break through the conventional boundaries and covers the broadest spectrum of neuroscience. Current research projects within the faculty are aimed at improving human health and discovery in areas such as neural development, behavioural genetics, brain imaging, perception, pain, motor learning, vision, hearing, cancer, Alzheimer's disease, autism, Parkinson's disease, depression, bipolar disorder, dementia, anxiety, addiction, and more.
Areas of Research
- Neural Development
- Plasticity and Regeneration
- Neuropsychiatric and Neurological Disease
- Brain Body Interactions
- Sensory Systems
- Motor Control and Rehabilitation
- Neural Signal Processing
- Learning and Memory
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- The Nervous System
- Clinical Neuroanatomy
- Neuroscience Computational Methods
- Lab Rotation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesNeuroscience View 19 other Masters in Neuroscience in Canada
- Honours Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- B+ (B- for Engineering) minimum average, based on a full year equivalent of final year courses (3rd/4th level) relevant to the program
- Each program may set additional/higher requirements
- Degrees and grades from foreign universities are evaluated for their equivalency to McMaster’s
- Departments or programs may establish additional requirements, such as scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Admission is competitive: meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission
- The admission decision is not subject to appeal
- Applicants who do not meet the above mentioned requirements, should consult the Graduate Calendar to determine the requirements for exceptional cases
International11396 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5698 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National4204 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2102 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.