Based in the Department of Linguistics and Languages, the M.Sc. program in the Cognitive Science of Language is interdisciplinary and includes faculty from Humanities, Science, and Health Sciences. This Master degree in Cognitive Science of Language is offered by the McMaster University.
The program has a strong research orientation with expertise in cognitive science, corpus linguistics, neurolinguistics, psycholinguistics, sociolinguistics, and theoretical linguistics. The program introduces students to the issues in those fields that form the nexus of, linguistics, cognitive science and cognitive neuroscience, and trains them in the research methods employed to study them. These skills are brought together in a thesis.
Areas of Research
- Cognitive psychology of language
- Corpus linguistics
- Theoretical linguistics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Phonetics and Phonology
- Cognitive Neurolinguistics Lab
- Contemporary Issues in the Cognitive Neuroscience of Language
- The Cognitive Science of Language M.Sc. Lecture Series
- The Cognitive Science of Language
- Language Analysis Methods: Syntax and Semantics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCognitive Sciences Linguistics View 7 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in Canada
- Honours Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- B+ (B- for Engineering) minimum average, based on a full year equivalent of final year courses (3rd/4th level) relevant to the program
- Each program may set additional/higher requirements
- Degrees and grades from foreign universities are evaluated for their equivalency to McMaster’s
- Departments or programs may establish additional requirements, such as scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Admission is competitive: meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission
- The admission decision is not subject to appeal
- Applicants who do not meet the above mentioned requirements, should consult the Graduate Calendar to determine the requirements for exceptional cases
International11396 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5698 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National4204 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2102 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.