The Master of Biomedical Discovery and Commercialization Program is a one-year course-based Master's that equips graduates with the scientific and technical knowledge that underlies breakthrough discoveries in the biomedical sciences as well as an understanding of business fundamentals of the health sciences sector.
The program is full-time and includes an internship in sectors related to the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry. Preference will be given to those applicants who completed the Honours Bachelor of Health Sciences in Biomedical Discovery and Commercialization Program at McMaster University. The program is offered by the Department of Biochemistry and Biomedical Sciences with key contributions from the School of Business.
Areas of Research
- Biomedical Sciences
- Integration of business and science
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Team Project
- Multidisciplinary Entrepreneurship
- Strategic Management of Technology
- Pharma/Biotech Business Issues
- Health Economics and Evaluation
- Community Internship
- Scholarly Paper
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Commerce Bioinformatics
- Honours Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- B+ (B- for Engineering) minimum average, based on a full year equivalent of final year courses (3rd/4th level) relevant to the program
- Each program may set additional/higher requirements
- Degrees and grades from foreign universities are evaluated for their equivalency to McMaster’s
- Departments or programs may establish additional requirements, such as scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Admission is competitive
- The admission decision is not subject to appeal
- Applicants who do not meet the above mentioned requirements, should consult the Graduate Calendar to determine the requirements for exceptional cases
International16194 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8097 CAD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National4536 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2268 CAD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.