Chemical and Materials Engineering from Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL) is ideal for students interested in research and development as well as production and management in cutting edge industries: chemistry, metals and materials, metallic products, plastics, electronics or the process industry and would like to take advantage of the most recent research advances in your area of specialisation.
The master offers:
- a specialised training in an international environment; from 2015-2016, all courses organized by the programme commission (i.e. courses with LMAPR2xxx designation ) are taught in English ; assistance provided as needed to French-speaking students (“French-friendly” approach).
- an interdisciplinary approach to problem solving, rooted in physics and chemistry;
- research-based training : integration of students in experimental laboratories, research projects ;
- exposure to industry : factory visits, industry internships, graduation project in a company ;
Jobs in chemical and materials engineering range from research and development to production and marketing.
You can become :
- A « systems » engineer
- A « process » engineer
- A combination of both
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Molecules and materials analysis
- Sustainable treatment of industrial and domestic waste: Fundamentals
- Deformation and fracture of materials
- Industrial processes for the production of base chemicals
- Polymer Science and Engineering
- Physics of Functional Materials
- Physical Chemistry for Metals and Ceramics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Materials Science & Engineering View 10 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A printed copy of the application form and which contains the data completed on the online form.
- Two ID card size photos to be pasted on the pages of the application form, in the places provided for this purpose.
- A recent nationality certificate or a photocopy of your passport or a photocopy of your national identity card.
- Copies of diplomas and marks relating to each academic year (successful or unsuccessful) and a certificate certifying the total number of credits of the followed course and the number of credits if those are in use in your country.
- Various activities undertaken (work, unemployment, language course, language course, travel, ...): proof of employment
- A detailed curriculum vitae, dated and signed.
International4175 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4175 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA835 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 835 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.