The The Specialized Master in International and Development Economics from Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL) offers:
- an overview of economic problems;
- active teaching which integrates the experience of the participants and the socio-economic realities of their country of origin.
The advanced master in International Economics and Development is a one-year, 60-credit programme. It includes a prep course (5-credit foundation course if the student´s earlier education is deemed to be incomplete); courses and seminars split into two fields of study and the writing of a thesis (personal project).Most of the courses are held in Namur. A day a week, during the 2nd quarter, the courses are held in Louvain-la-Neuve.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fluctuations and development
- Macro-finance and development
- Economic integration and trade
- Trade and development: specialization and diversification
- Seminar in development and macroeconomics policies
- Seminar in Macroeconomics
- Evaluation of Public Interventions
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics International Development View 24 other Masters in Economics in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The programme is open to student from any country who can show a deep interest in international economic relations or in management of the economy of developing countries or those in transition towards a market economy.
- The programme is open to holders of a second cycle degree in Economics whose prior training can be validated for at least 300 credits. Applications from candidates who hold a degree in another area corresponding to a minimum of 300 credits will be considered by the admissions committee.
- Entry to the programme is based on an application file which should be submitted to the inter-university admission committee whose decision is final.
International4175 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4175 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA835 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 835 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Louvain-la-Neuve
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Several mechanisms may help reduce the cost of getting an education:
- French Community of Belgium study grants
- Limited income and social discount fee
- Three children at UCL
- Child of UCL staff
- Doctoral or advanced master’s degree discount
- UCL financial aid
- Reduced rent
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.