The courses are given in English by researchers who propose advanced questions in topics of pure economics.
Your future job
Our graduates will orient themselves both towards the private sector and towards the public or institutional sector, where they will hold analytical positions and participate in decision-making of all kinds: economic policy decisions or strategic corporate decisions.
The Master Economics: Econometrics from Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL) offers you:
- the possibility of composing your programme à la carte to acquire expertise in a specialised area, as a function of your field of research;
- advanced training in the methodological tools of the economist; many personal works and research seminars on specialised issues;
- a preparation for writing scientific articles in your area of specialisation;
- an integration into international research teams for doing your thesis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Microeconomics I: Decision and Game Theory
- Advanced Microeconomics II: General Equilibrium and Mechanism Design
- Advanced Macroeconomics I : Intertemporal Behavior and Business Cycles
- Advanced Econometrics - UCL
- Advanced Macroeconomics II : Growth, Dynamics and Policy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconometrics View 5 other Masters in Econometrics in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 1. an undergraduate (first-cycle) degree in the same field of study;
- 2. the same Master’s (second-cycle) degree, but with a different specialization (focus);
- 3. a long-cycle undergraduate or Master’s degree, in accordance with a decision by the academic authorities and subject to the additional requirements that they lay down;
- 4. a degree comparable to those mentioned above, awarded by a higher education institution, within or outside the French Community of Belgium, in accordance with a decision by the academic authorities and subject to the additional requirements that they lay down;
- 5. a short-cycle undergraduate degree, in accordance with a decision by the Government or the academic authorities
- 6. a degree obtained abroad and deemed equivalent to those mentioned above, in accordance with this Decree, a European directive, an international convention or other legislation, subject to the same requirements.
International4175 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4175 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA835 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 835 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Louvain-la-Neuve
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.