As innovation in urban spatial design practice is positioned at the intersection of several disciplines, this Design Innovation and Technology program at RMIT University caters to students from a wide variety of professions such as architecture, interior design, industrial design, media and communication design, computer science, engineering and sound design.
This program allows you to push your design practice into new areas by broadening your horizons and embracing new ideas.
You will work collaboratively with colleagues from a range of disciplinary backgrounds in a studio-based model.
The intensive design studios each extend over six-weeks. These classes are concentrated and fast paced design based explorations in which you will develop design thinking and outcomes relative to the studio topic.
Graduates may pursue many professional pathways, including work in the fields of architecture, interior, industrial, and experience design, specialist consultancy to design, engineering practice, or high-end construction and development.
You will be an expert in realising:
- complex design solutions that integrate cutting edge technology with the needs of people;
- be able analyse current trends and future innovations within design;
- be able formulate design solutions that bring together digital, interactive, sustainable and audio-visual technologies in the design of urban spaces.
This course is structured to accommodate working professionals who want to advance the use of technology in their design practice. A Graduate Diploma is offered as an alternative exit point after 1 year.
- Designing Information Environments
- Designing Responsive and Adaptive Environments
- Digital Fabrication, Construction and Advanced Manufacturing
- Spatial Sound Design and Urban Soundscape
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
It’s important you complete the enrolment details and arrive in Melbourne before your classes start.
DisciplinesDesign Innovation Management View 81 other Masters in Design in Australia
CRICOS provider number: 080000D
You must have:
- successfully completed an Australian bachelor degree (or equivalent overseas qualification)OR
- undertaken significant work experience or professional practice
International37440 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 37440 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National32640 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32640 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
RMIT awards more than 2000 scholarships every year to recognise academic achievement and assist students from a variety of backgrounds.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.