Where biology teaches us to understand nature, biotechnology gives us the chance to use it.
The Biotechnology programme at the University of Copenhagen has a strong focus on innovation and collaboration with relevant índustries and it consists of a wide selection of elective courses, which makes it possible for you to create a profile that matches your personal interests.
With an MSc degree in Biology-Biotechnology, your knowledge, communication skills and your experimental competences ensure that you have good career opportunities within many areas in Denmark as well as abroad:
- You can work within research and development in public and private companies such as Novo Nordisk, Chr. Hansen and Novozymes.
- You can work in companies producing foods, enzymes, drugs, textiles, new energy resources or environmentally beneficial processes.
- You can also work with management, risk analysis, teaching and communication in either public or private companies.
- Furthermore there are good opportunities for continuing your research at the University of Copenhagen as the biotechnological research is at a high, internationally recognised level, particularly in the molecular field involving foods, plants and animals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Big Data in Biotechnology
- Advanced Biotechnology and Intellectual Property Rights
- Advanced Analytical Chemistry – Sampling and Sample Preparation
- Advanced Microbial Biotechnology
- Basic Parasitology
- Fundamentals of Beer Brewing and Wine Making
- Organisms and Omics Techniques
- Genome and Cell Biology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Bioinformatics View 9 other Masters in Biotechnology in Denmark
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
If you hold one of the degrees listed below, you are considered to meet all academic requirements.
- BSc in Biology-Biotechnology from the University of Copenhagen
Other bachelor’s degrees
- If you have a bachelor’s degree other than those listed above, you must submit additional documentation along with your application so the University can evaluate whether or not you meet the admission requirements.
International14780 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7390 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Tuition fee: DKK 55,000 per semester
Living costs for Copenhagen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.