The Population Medicine program of University of Guelph offers Doctoral programs and two options for our MSc programs. Masters of Science students may choose between a course work with a major research project/paper option (approximately three semesters), or a course work and defense of a research-based thesis option (approximately six semesters). The PhD programs require the successful completion of a qualifying exam and the defense of a research-based thesis.
- Epidemiology (MSc thesis option, MSc course work option, PhD)
- Theriogenology (MSc thesis option)
- Health Management (MSc thesis option)
Are you interested in:
- Public Health
- Infectious Disease Modeling
- Health Management of Agricultural and Companion Animals
- Animal Behaviour & Welfare
- Clinical Veterinary Communications
- Government agencies involved in agriculture, food safety, and public health
- Non-governmental organizations
- Consulting firms
- Agricultural and pharmaceutical industries
- Analytical Epidemiology
- Applied Clinical Research
- Project in Population Medicine
- Introduction to Epidemiological and Statistical Methods
- Dairy Health Management
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Application deadline is ongoing.
DisciplinesPublic Health Food Sciences Animal Sciences View 30 other Masters in Food Sciences in Canada
- Applicants require a minimum average of “B-” in their last four semesters of full-time study. Students may enter the MSc program with an Honours Bachelor’s degree or a DVM.
International13674 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6837 CAD per semester during 18 months.
National4754 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2377 CAD per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Guelph
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.