The Molecular and Cellular Biology program of University of Guelph is engaged in the pursuit of fundamental and applied research questions involving diverse biological systems (plants, humans and other animals, prokaryotic and eukaryotic microbes). In general, they follow lines of scientific enquiry at the level of molecules to cells.
We offer a Master’s and a Doctoral program. MSc students complete coursework and prepare and defend a research-based thesis (approximately six semesters). The PhD program requires the successful completion of a qualifying exam and the completion and defense of a research-based thesis (typically 4+ years of full-time study). Students may also add a collaborative specialization of toxicology or neuroscience.
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Biology & Genetics
- Plant Biology
Are you interested in:
- Molecular basis of disease
- Molecular biology and gene expression
- Cell signalling and trafficking
- Host-pathogen/commensal interactions
- Plant metabolism and biotechnology
- Protein structure and function
- Molecular Bioscience Research
- Public Health/Nursing
- Science Outreach and Teaching
- Food Safety and Regulation
- Advanced Topics in Developmental and Cellular Biology
- Protein Structural Biology and Bioinformatics
- Research Topics in Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Genomic Methods for Bioinformatics
- Molecular Biotechnology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMolecular Sciences Biochemistry Genetics View 95 other Masters in Biochemistry in Canada
- Applicants require an Honours Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), or a Master’s degree in a field within the molecular life sciences.
- Applicants must obtain the support of a faculty member willing to serve as thesis advisor before applying.
International15332 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7666 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National6412 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3206 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Guelph
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.