The Creative Writing program of University of Guelph recognize the power of language to summon a different world. Defining characteristics include the plenary courses, the participation of a range of writers from Canada and abroad, individual mentorships, class visits from professionals, and alliances with cultural organizations in the Toronto area.
Required courses: three workshops, two reading-based plenary courses, an individual mentorship with a professional writer, and a book-length thesis project. Workshops: creative non-fiction, drama, fiction, poetry, writing the decolonial, and hybrid forms and mixed-mode narratives.
Are you interested in:
- Literary creation within a specific
- genre or across genres
- Dramatic creation
- Writing pedagogy
- Any profession that requires highly sophisticated language and narrative skills
- Plenary Course: Writers on Writing
- Plenary Course: Writers in the World
- Poetry Workshop
- Fiction Workshop
- Writing the Decolonial-Fiction
- Hybrid Forms and Mixed-Mode Narratives
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCreative Writing Literature View 25 other Masters in Creative Writing in Canada
- Baccalaureate degree in an honours program, or equivalent, from a recognized degree-granting institution. No requirement as to the discipline in which the degree was earned.
- An average standing of at least second-class honours (B-) in last four semesters of study.
- A limited number of students may be admitted to the MFA without having satisfied the degree requirements and/or academic standing requirement set out above.
International15332 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7666 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National6412 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3206 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.