The Family Relations and Human Development program of University of Guelph offers an MSc and a PhD, which involve a combination of course work and a research thesis. For the PhD the completion of a qualifying exam is also required.
Building on core theory and methodology courses to support thesis work, this scientist-practitioner orientation prepares graduates to pursue an academic or professional career in a variety of settings.
Are you interested in:
- Child, Adolescent and/or Adult Development and Aging
- Parent-Child and Family Relations
- Human Sexuality
- Program Evaluation, Intervention and Research Methodology
- Direct service or supervisory capacity in government
- Community and human services
- Private sector or public agency work
- Research related positions
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Applied Statistics
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Applied Factor Analysis & Structural Equation Modelling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Sociology View 77 other Masters in Sociology in Canada
- An honours bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
- A minimum 75% average in the last 2 years of study
- Grades of at least 75% in applied statistics and social science research methods courses
International13674 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6837 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National4754 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2377 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.