The Psychology (Applied Social Psychology) program of University of Guelph has a strong social justice orientation and is best suited to students who wish to investigate social processes and problems, in areas that include: health and illness, gender, violence, prejudice, inequality, cooperation, culture, immigration, intergroup relations, science and technology.
We offer both Master’s and Doctoral fields. The MA requires completion of course work in applied social psychology and methodology, as well as a practicum in an applied setting and the preparation and defense of a research thesis.
- Health and Illness
- Gender and Violence n Culture, Migration and Globalization
- Evolutionary Psychology
- Psychology of Science and Technology
- History and Theory of Psychology
Are you interested in:
- Public Health, Health, and Social Policy
- Gender and Violence n Science and Publics
- Difference, Marginality, Migration n Evolution, Social Relationships, and Cooperation
- Applied Researcher
- Research Consultant
- Program Evaluation
- Policy Analyst/Advisor
- Tenure-Track Academic
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research Design and Statistics
- Discrete-variable Statistics
- Ethical Issues in Psychology
- Critical Approaches to Applied Social Psychology
- Applied Social Psychology and intervention
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPsychology Sociology View 87 other Masters in Psychology in Canada
- Honours BA/BSc (or equivalent) in Psychology or affiliated field, with a minimum B+ average
- Senior honours thesis or research project equivalent n Intention to proceed to PhD
- GRE General Test for MA application
- GRE Psychology Test recommended for international and non-psychology applicants
International13674 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6837 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National4754 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2377 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.