The Philosophy program of University of Guelph spans history of philosophy, feminism, ethics, social and political philosophy, philosophy of mind, language, epistemology, metaphysics, and philosophy of science.
We offer two Masters options and a Doctoral program. Masters students can choose between a one-year program that includes course work and a major research project, or a two-year program that includes a thesis. The PhD is a four-year program and includes course work, a qualifying exam, and completion and defence of a research-based thesis.
Are you interested in:
- History of philosophy
- Ethics, social, and political philosophy
- Feminist philosophy
- Philosophy of science and medicine
- Philosophy of mind and language
- Epistemology and metaphysics
- Policy analyst & research
- Public service
- Value Theory
- Philosophy of Religion
- Philosophy of Mind
- Contemporary European Philosophy
- Problems of Contemporary Philosophy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics View 48 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in Canada
- MA programs require a four-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized university, normally including at least a minor in philosophy. A minimum 75% average is required over the last four semesters
International13674 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6837 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National4754 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2377 CAD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Guelph
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.