The Advanced Motorsport Engineering programme offered by the Cranfield University aims to provide you with a sound understanding of the fundamental scientific, engineering and managerial principles involved in motorsport, and their implementation within a high performance technology context.
You will cover design, construction and operation of competition vehicles, and related aspects of materials science, aerodynamics, structural analysis, vehicle systems, and management techniques related to motorsport.You will be taught the skills required for the planning, execution and reporting of motorsport projects and to prepare them for a variety of roles in motorsport.
Motorsport is a highly competitive sector. Studying at Cranfield will immerse you in a highly focused motorsport engineering learning experience, providing you with access to motorsport companies and practitioners. Securing employment is ultimately down to the student who completes the job applications and attends the interviews. Successful students go on to be part of a network of engineers. You will find Cranfield alumni working across motorsport and the high performance engineering sector.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Composite Structures for Motorsport
- Computational Fluid Dynamics for Motorsport
- Introduction to Motorsport
- Motorsport Aerodynamics
- Motorsport Electronics and Data Acquisition
- Motorsport Powertrain Design
- Motorsport Structural Analysis
- Motorsport Vehicle Dynamics
- The Business of Motorsport
Developed in collaboration with leading motorsport companies, this postgraduate programme prepares graduates for a career in motorsport or high performance engineering.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no application deadline for Home/EU applicants, but places are limited so we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Automotive Engineering Transportation Engineering View 127 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United Kingdom
- A first or second class UK Honours degree or its international equivalent in engineering, mathematics, physics or an applied science and a demonstrable motivation and commitment to being actively involved in motorsport.
- Selected UK students are expected to attend a formal interview at Cranfield. Selected overseas and EU students will be interviewed by telephone.
International21500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Masters Loan from Student Finance England
- Santander Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Future Finance Student Loans
- Chevening Scholarships
- Cranfield Postgraduate Loan Scheme (CPLS)
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers Postgraduate Masters Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.