Our MSc programs at Carleton University are linked through the Ottawa-Carleton Institute for Physics (OCIP) with the University of Ottawa, allowing both universities to offer a broad spectrum of physics programs that are complementary to each other. Programs at the University of Ottawa focus on condensed matter physics, photonics and biophysics. Learn more about Ottawa-Carleton Joint Institutes.
Want to know more about our Physics research? Read about Professor Gerald Oakham’s research and the ATLAS project. You can also to read about Carleton physicists involvement with the Sudbury Neutrino Observatory (SNO) lab.
Our alumni are found across Canada, the U.S. and overseas. Particle physics alumni work in government labs, academia and in industry. Medical physics alumni hold positions as clinical physicists, researchers and academics, physicists in regulatory agencies, and in industry.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Computational Physics
- Classical Mechanics and Theory of Fields
- Introduction to Medical Imaging Principles and Technology
- Special Topics in Molecular Spectroscopy
- Medical Radiation Physics
- Physics of Medical Imaging
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics View 48 other Masters in Physics in Canada
- An Honours BSc in Physics or a closely related field with at least a B+ average. It is strongly recommended that all students have had at least one course in computing.
International15058 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15058 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National6590 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6590 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- National: $6,590 – $8,388
- International: $15,058 – $21,448
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.