Situated in the heart of Canada’s capital city, the School offers unmatched practicum opportunities and partnerships with national organizations, museums, archives, government departments and other international and non-governmental organizations. As well, numerous adjunct professors teach and/or mentor our students through internships and research projects. Unique career opportunities can follow.
Canadian Studies MA course at Carleton University Research Highlights
- Canadian cultural studies and cultural policy
- Canadian women’s and gender studies
- Indigenous studies and the North
- Heritage conservation
- Conceptualizing Canada
- Interdisciplinary Methods
- Selected Topics in Canadian Studies
- Indigenous Peoples, Canada and the North
- Indigenous Politics and Resurgence in Canada
- Critical Perspectives on Canadian Feminism
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Gender & Sexuality Studies Political Science View 43 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in Canada
- An honours bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in one of the disciplines represented in the school with an average of B+ or higher.
- Special consideration may be given to applicants interested in the Indigenous Studies and the North research area who have extensive knowledge of the North or Indigenous peoples.
International17317 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17317 CAD per year during 24 months.
National6615 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6615 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Ottawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.